To help you identify configuration gaps in your environment and understand their impact on overall security, Netwrix Auditor offers a dashboard with a number of metrics and drill-down reports on IT risk assessment. They pinpoint the weak points in your IT infrastructure such as overly broad assignment of access rights, loose password policies, and stale accounts. This information will help you to take corrective measures in the required area, ensuring the IT risks stay in the safe zone.
Risk assessment dashboard can be accessed by clicking the Risk assessment tile in the main widow of Netwrix Auditor. For details about using the dashboard, see IT Risk Assessment Dashboard.
For details about metrics calculation, see How Risk Levels Are Estimated .
Providing Data for Risk Assessment
To provide data for metrics and reports on Users and Computers and Permissions, you will need a monitoring plan that processes the AD domain; for metrics and reports on Data, you will need a monitoring plan that processes Windows File Server. These monitoring plans should have at least one item added; they also must be configured to store data to the audit database.
Also, all risk metrics and related reports require state-in-time data to be collected.
To verify the necessary settings, do the following:
- Select the monitoring plan you need and click the Edit button.
- In the right pane of the dialog displayed, select Edit settings from the Monitoring plan section.
- Go to the Audit Database section and make sure that Disable security intelligence ... checkbox is cleared. This will instruct Netwrix to store data to both Long-Term Archive and audit database:
- Save the settings and return to the window with the monitoring plan details. Make sure you have at least one monitored item in the plan. If necessary, add an item.
- Select the data source you need (for example, Active Directory) and click Edit data source from the Data source section on the right.
- Make sure that:
- Monitor this data source and collect activity data is switched ON.
- Collect data for state-in-time reports is switched ON.
- Save the settings and close the dialog.