To create monitoring plans, user account must be assigned the Global administrator in Netwrix Auditor. Users with the Configurator role can create plans only within a delegated folder. See Role-Based Access and Delegation for more information.
To start creating a plan, do any of the following:
- On the main Netwrix Auditor page, in the Quick Start section, click the tile with a data source of your choice, e.g., Active Directory. If you need a data source that is not listed on the main page, click All data sources.
On the main Netwrix Auditor page, in the Configuration section, click the Monitoring Plans tile. On the Monitoring Plans page, select Add Plan.
Then follow the steps of the Monitoring Plan Wizard:
- Choose a data source for monitoring
- Specify an account for collecting data
- Specify default SQL Server instance and configure the Audit Database to store your data
- Configure notification settings
- Specify the recipients who will receive daily activity summaries
- Specify a plan name