NOTE: You must assigned the Global administrator role if you want to create plans. Configurator can create plans only within a delegated folder. See Role-Based Access and Delegation for more information.
To start creating a plan, do one of the following:
- On the main Netwrix Auditor page, in the Quick Start section, click the tile with a data source of your choice, e.g., Active Directory. Click All data sources to specify data source that is not listed on the main page.
On the main Netwrix Auditor page, in the Configuration section, click the Monitoring Plans tile. On the Monitoring Plans page, select Add Plan.
The wizard that appears will help you set up a new plan in a few easy steps:
- Choose a data source for monitoring
- Specify an account for collecting data
- Specify default SQL Server instance and configure the Audit Database to store your data
- Configure notification settings
- Specify the recipients who will receive daily activity summaries
- Specify a plan name