At this step, do the following:
- Specify the monitoring scope —select what you plan to monitor with Netwrix Auditor. You can select both Active Directory and Logon Activity, or any of them.
- If you launched Audit Configuration Assistant from the Start menu (not from the monitoring plan settings), enter the name of Active Directory domain you want to assess.
- Enter credentials that will be used to access the audit setting of that domain. This account must be included in the following groups:
- Domain Admins — to access audit policies and audit entries on the domain controllers
- Enterprise Admins — to configure audit entries for AD partitions
- Organization Management or Records Management (in Exchange organization) — to configure admin audit log settings
- Click Start assessment.