Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner
Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner helps IT administrators identify why an Active Directory account keeps locking out, so they can quickly remediate the lockout reason and restore normal operations.
With the new release of Account Lockout Examiner you can investigate lockouts from the following sources:
- Applications running on workstations
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync devices
- Microsoft Outlook Web Access (incl. mobile devices)
- Mistyped credentials (interactive logons with incorrect password)
- Terminal Server Sessions
- Windows Credential Manager
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Windows Services
IMPORTANT! Account Lockout Examiner hasn’t received updates for a while. Netwrix team took the time to update the tool and add all the modern lockout sources mentioned above. As this is not an evolutionary update, but rather a total revamp, the functionality of the older and newer versions does not match one-to-one. Please check this article for a feature comparison.
Users of Account Lockout Examiner 4.1 can continue using that older version, but there is unfortunately no upgrade path.
Before using the tool, make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- The computer where Account Lockout Examiner will run must be a member of the domain where lockouts happen.
- The account used to run the application must be a member of the following groups:
- Domain Admins group (to retrieve the necessary data from domain controllers.)
- Local Administrators group on the workstation where lockouts happen (to access the Security event log.)
Account Lockout Examiner comes with a canned license that is valid until the specified date.
NOTE: Once you’ve reached the end of license period, notify your Netwrix point of contact to obtain a new license.
To start using Account Lockout Examiner, simply download it from Netwrix web site. There is no need to install the application; once the download completes, run the executable from your browser menu or from your Downloads folder.