Create User Account to Access Nutanix REST API
To create a user account using the ncli utility:
- Download and install the ncli (Nutanix command-line interface) on any server in your infrastructure, as described here.
- Start the utility and establish a ncli session by the following command:
ncli -s management_ip_addr -u 'username' -p 'user_password'
management_ip_addr- the IP address of any Nutanix Controller VM in the cluster
username- user name to access that VM; if not specified, admin (default name) will be used
user_password- password to access that VM
- Run the
fs listcommand in ncli to get the list of Nutanix Files servers.
- Locate the name of Nutanix Files server you want to audit; locate and save the following server parameters to a text file:
- Uuid - Nutanix Files server ID
Finally, create a new user and specify credentials that will be used to access this Nutanix Files server. For that, run the following command in ncli :
fs add-user uuid=<fs_uuid> user=<username> password=<password>
<fs_uuid>- Nutanix Files server ID (Uuid)
<username>- user name
To create a new user account with Nutanix Prism:
- Open Nutanix Prism web portal.
- Select File Server category. In the list of servers, select the server you want to audit.
- Click Manage roles.
- In the Manage roles dialog locate the REST API access user section and click +New user.
- Enter local user account name and password, then click Save next to them to save the settings.
- Click the Close button to close the Manage roles dialog.