Configure Cisco Meraki Dashboard Account
Before you start creating a monitoring plan to audit your Cisco Meraki devices, plan for the account that will be used for data collection – it should meet the requirements listed below. Then you will provide this account in the monitoring plan wizard.
Since accounts with multi-factor authentication are not supported, you need to create a special cloud account with read-only permissions and disabled multi-factor authentication.
To configure Cisco Meraki Dashboard account
- Sign in to Cisco Meraki Dashboard.
- Create a dashboard account as described in the following Cisco Meraki article: Getting Started (scroll down to the Creating a Dashboard Account section).
- Make sure that the read-only permissions assigned to the account. For more information about Meraki permissions, refer to the following Cisco Meraki article: Managing Dashboard Administrators and Permissions.
- Log in to this account and navigate to My Profile at the top of the dashboard.
Find the section labeled SMS authentication.
- Make sure that the SMS authentication parameter is set to OFF. For more information about authentication, refer to the following Cisco Meraki article: Two-Factor Authentication.
NOTE: This account is for Netwrix Auditor purposes, then, do not forget to switch back to your account.