Prior to the Netwrix Auditor for SharePoint Core Service installation, review the following prerequisites and make sure that:
- Netwrix Auditor for SharePoint Core Service is going to be installed on the computer that hosts SharePoint Central Administration in the audited SharePoint farm.
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed on the computer that hosts SharePoint Central Administration in the audited SharePoint farm.
- The SharePoint Administration (SPAdminV4) service is started on the target computer.
See Configure SharePoint Farm for Monitoring for more information.
- The user that is going to run the Core Service installation:
- Is a member of the local Administrators group on SharePoint server, where the Core Service will be deployed.
- Is granted the SharePoint_Shell_Access role on SharePoint SQL Server configuration database.
See Assigning 'SharePoint_Shell_Access' Role for more information.
NOTE: During the Netwrix Auditor for SharePoint Core Service installation / uninstallation your SharePoint sites may be unavailable.
To install Netwrix Auditor for SharePoint Core Service manually
- On the computer where Netwrix Auditor Server resides,navigate to %Netwrix Auditor installation folder%\SharePoint Auditing\SharePointPackage and copy SpaPackage_<version>.msi to the computer where Central Administration is installed.
- Run the installation package.
- Follow the instructions of the setup wizard. When prompted, accept the license agreement and specify the installation folder.