Netwrix Auditor for Network Devices Licensing
Netwrix Auditor for Network Devices tracks the number of active network devices (i.e., sending syslog messages) in its monitoring scope and compares it with the licensed device count. When the licensed amount is exceeded, the application displays a warning.
Consider the following :
- Netwrix Auditor for Network Devices checks audited devices every hour and removes information on inactive ones.
- If Netwrix Auditor does not receive syslog messages from a device for 7 days (by default), the devices is considered to be inactive.
- Information on your network devices will be preserved even if you disable auditing of network devices data source or restart the Netwrix Auditor for Network Devices Audit Service.
- License violation occurs when maximum network device limit exceeded.
- Netwrix Auditor for Network Devices includes internal DeviceCounter component responsible for calculation procedures.