Install DDC Collector
NOTE: DDC Collector uses Microsoft SQL Server database as data storage. You need to create and configure the dedicated DDC Collector database on your SQL Server instance. Check that the database has been created prior to installation. Refer to DDC Collector Database for detailed instructions on how to configure the database.
- Review minimum system requirements and then read the License Agreement. Click Next.
Follow the instructions of the setup wizard. When prompted, accept the license agreement.
- On the Product Settings step, specify path to install DDC Collector. For example, C:\Program Files\DDC\.
On the Configuration step, specify the directory where Index files reside. For example, C:\Program Files\DDC\Index.
On the SQL Database step, provide SQL Server database connection details.
Complete the following fields:
Provide the name of the SQL Server instance that hosts your DDC Collector database. For example, "WORKSTATIONSQL\SQLSERVER".
Select Windows or SQL Server authentication method.
Specify the account name.
Provide your password.
Enter the name of the SQL Server database. Netwrix recommends using DDC Collector database name. See Software Requirements for more information.
NOTE: The database is created automatically in basic configuration mode. For recommended configuration (required for crawling optimization in large and extra-large environments), refer to DDC Collector Database section.
On the Licensing step, add license. You can add license as follows:
Click the Import button and browse for you license file
- Open your license file with any text editor, e.g., Notepad and paste the license text to the License field.
- On the Administration Web Application step, review default IIS configuration.
On the Services step, configure DDC Collector services:
- Select all services to be installed.
- File System Path—Provide a path to store DDC Collector's Services files. For example, C:\Program Files\DDC Services.
Provide user name and password for the product services service account.
NOTE: This account is granted the Logon as a service privilege automatically on the computer where DDC Collector is going to be installed.
- Select additional service options, if necessary.
- On the Pre-Installation Tasks and Checks step, review your configuration and select Install.
When the installation completes, open a web browser and navigate to the following URL: http://localhost/conceptQS where localhost is the name or IP address of the computer where DDC Collector is installed. For example, http://workstationddc/conceptQS.