Netwrix strongly recommends installing DDC Collector apart from Netwrix Auditor. Review the hardware requirements for the computer where DDC Collector is going to be installed.
You can deploy DDC Collector on a virtual machine running Microsoft Windows guest OS on the corresponding virtualization platform, in particular:
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Nutanix AHV
Note that DDC Collector supports only Windows OS versions listed in the Software Requirements section.
NOTE: When planning your deployment, consider the following:
- Hardware requirements for SQL Servers listed in the table above apply to each SQL Server instance in your configuration separately.
- The requirements marked with an asterisk (*) apply to a single server. To estimate total hardware requirements, multiply the values above to a number of your nodes. See Distributed Query Server Mode for more information.
- For XLarge environments, each SQL Server instance must be deployed to a separate physical disk.
- The DDC Index files require 35% of all data in the scope to be indexed. For example, if you have 45 GB of files, they require only 15 GB for the DDC Index files.
- The DDC Collector database must be created on the separate SQL Server instance. Estimate required disk space assuming 10 KB per indexed document. For example, for 5 m objects, the database size is approximately 50 GB.